My name is Ben and I come from Australia. I am 24 years old and I live in a small town near Sydney called Branton.
I don’t have a job now, but normally I clean shop windows. I am not married but I live with my very beautiful girlfriend, Maria, in a nice house in Branton. We don’t have any children…maybe next year.
My girlfriend is an actress, but she isn’t very famous. She acts in a small theatre in our town. At the weekend, we like to go swimming in a big lake near our house.
I normally get up at eight o’clock, but on Thursday I get up at six o’clock because that is the day when I go running in the park.
Exercise: Are these statements true or false. Correct those that are wrong.
1. Ben lives in Sydney, Australia. _______
2. Ben is 26 years old. _______
3. Ben’s normal job is cleaning windows. _______
4. Ben is single. _______
5. Ben doesn’t have any children. _______
6. Ben’s girlfriend works in the local theatre. _______
7. They go swimming in the river at the weekend. _______
8. Ben gets up at eight o’clock usually. _______
9. Ben plays tennis on Thursdays. _______
10. Ben gets up early on Thursdays. _______
Exercise: Answer these questions about the “My Name Is Ben” reading.
1. Where does Ben come from?
2. How old is Ben?
3. Where does Ben live?
4. Is Ben married?
5. What is Ben’s girlfriend called?
6. Do they have any children?
7. Do they live in a house or an apartment?
8. What does his girlfriend do?
9. What do they do at the weekend?
10. When does Ben go running?